Help a Single Black Mother Get Her
Autism Child Back
This is Ani Lacy and her son.
She’s a rather unusual single mother (one may call her a hippie), but her son means the world to her. Her son has autism, so she opted to be a stay at home mom live within her means. She also educates her child while trying methods which is not unusual if you’re a freelancer. She’s poor, but not suffering. She decided to live out of an RV while still maintaining her freedom using freelancing methods.
On May 30, 2012, we posted this story to help her get funding for an RV to go on a roadtrip with her son. However, unknown to us, her home was broken into by Child Protective Services (CPS) and they took her child away. Amazingly, the only people that shows concern for the child well being isn’t even local. While they are related, they are literally hundreds of miles away. They have sent in CPS to look in and finally capture her son while injuring Ani.
We ended up posting this update and we thought this was the end of the story. Then we logged into our account Saturday evening… and noticed A LOT OF NOTES. We figured to follow up on this matter. We reached out to Ani Lacy (under our real name) and this, along with other people’s encouragement, made her return to blogging to tell her side of the story, especially since she did nothing wrong.
We feel that because she’s a poor Woman of Color (WoC) who refuses to partake in the government system that she’s been looked at differently than other mothers. The system does not have the right to take away a child based on survival tactics, especially since CPS may put kids in foster care where they will fare less better. Her child is already suffering underneath the forester parents care.
Here’s how you can help.
Help give this woman and her son a Happy Ending.
UPDATE: Take some time to sign the petition.
585 Notes/ Hide
- womanity likes this
- ladywhatever likes this
- aklittle likes this
- queenazherspitsfire reblogged this from yaaanimwaa
- janabtncrt likes this
- brownkingsandqueens reblogged this from whatwhiteswillneverknow
- radicalrebellion reblogged this from theblackamericanprincess
- the-nomadic-writer likes this
- lovesmysin reblogged this from fcuklogic
- lordlouiedor reblogged this from sparrowwolf
- sparrowwolf reblogged this from iamthethunder
- iamthethunder reblogged this from aenaithia
- aenaithia reblogged this from dadgenes
- kissesandchamomile likes this
- neuroticmarshmallow reblogged this from fleurdelanuit
- neuroticmarshmallow likes this
- fleurdelanuit reblogged this from lancrebitch
- xlycanthropy reblogged this from corvidaet
- angryelves reblogged this from lancrebitch
- hannenieberding likes this
- lil-tebastian reblogged this from dadgenes
- corvidaet reblogged this from lancrebitch
- lancrebitch reblogged this from dadgenes and added:
- angelcandybutch reblogged this from likelikelickher
- desidia5ever reblogged this from andordinarythrills
- mockingjaywishes reblogged this from dadgenes
- andordinarythrills reblogged this from dadgenes
- baskinmysunlite reblogged this from dadgenes
- baskinmysunlite likes this
- strugglingtobeheard likes this
- fawnveins likes this
- stereolabor likes this
- likelikelickher reblogged this from dadgenes
- the-baggins-of-bag-end reblogged this from dadgenes and added:
- thisfightisntover reblogged this from thatfeministqueer
- emperordweeb likes this
- thepluralisphoenixii reblogged this from thatfeministqueer
- thepluralisphoenixii likes this
- indigere-novus reblogged this from dadgenes
- edgeraid reblogged this from thatfeministqueer
- thatfeministqueer reblogged this from dadgenes
- randommeluhdees reblogged this from dadgenes
- dadgenes reblogged this from cynique
- sailor-trill reblogged this from cynique
- thehomiejhines likes this
- andwhodoyouthinkyouare reblogged this from cooleybird
- eccentricsoul reblogged this from womenofgold
- alanimonet reblogged this from cooleybird